A few months ago some of my friends and I had a girls night in. I took all the pictures from it but never actually posted them. Oops. Given the recent chill in weather and spike in snowfall, along with Valentine's Day coming up, I was thinking maybe there are a few things in here you guys might want to try! Who doesn't love a good Valentine's Day Pity Party? ;)
Virgin Pina Coladas
1-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened pineapple chunks
1/4 cup ice
1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
Cup unsweetened coconut milk -Note, this is slightly difficult to find and you really don't need a lot of it. It is definitely not coconut water.
1-3 Tbsp. brown sugar
Fresh pineapple wedges, for garnish
1) Place the frozen pineapple chunks and ice in the bottom of a blender. Pour pineapple juice and coconut milk on top. Add brown sugar. Puree until smooth.
2) Pour into glasses, and garnish with fresh pineapple wedges.
Seriously one of the easiest things to make and so good!
Pizza Monkey Bread
This is fun. Like seriously fun. It's so good. I can't cook AT ALL so I didn't make this one, my friends did, and I just did that ever-so-important job of eating.
Once again, you can see the original recipe by clicking here.
2 cloves of thinly sliced garlic
4 Tbsp of butter
2 lbs pizza dough
6 oz of mozzarella cheese cut into cubes.
Any toppings you would usually want on a pizza :)
2-3 cups of marinara for serving
1) Heat garlic and butter over medium heat until the garlic begins to brown. Remove from heat and let sit.
2) Lightly brush the inside of a bundt pan with the garlic and butter mix.
Pull off balls of dough and flatten. The original recipe recommends they're the size of large marble or 2/3 of an ounce. Ours were definitely bigger. Top with a cube or mozzarella and your own toppings. :)
3) Wrap the dough around the cheese and toppings, pinching well to seal.
4) Very lightly brush the pizza ball with garlic and butter mix and place into the bundt pan. The original recipe recommends using a silicone brush so your hands don't get too buttery. If the dough gets too buttery it won't seal!
5) Repeat until all of the dough is used.
6) Cover and let sit for 30 minutes, while preheating the oven to 400.
7) Bake for about 35 minutes or until the top is very brown.
8)Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
9)Turn out onto a platter and serve with warmed marinara sauce for dipping.
Dip the sections in marinara to eat! :)
I don't have picture or full instructions for this one yet, sorry! They will be up soon, promise!
So if you're not doing anything Valentine's Day night, why have a GNO when you could have a GNI? ;)
Love and Stay Preppy,